Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: I was wondering how someone becomes a moderator on here?

Technokitsune

Actually, these days it's a pleasure, now that the truly unruly people have packed up their angst and gravitated to other fora.

I can think of a couple specifically, & it's been a much more pleasant & respectful, far less argumentative place without them.

Scott Fraser

:mad::confused: Oh, come on, maaan, you're DEAD wrong and crazy to even think to think that; argumentative? Disrespectful? Baaah... why, ya....

;):laugh::D:thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Apes/send_match_pic2.jpg This calls for a hangin'! http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Apes/gorilla19.jpg:D

Actually I think the foot might get ya into violation territory....

That's gotta be a Photoshop construction...

d=halfnote

Re: "truly unruly"

I TRY and I TRY and TRY to be "truly unruly" and really get people pissed off, and it just doesn't seem to work.

Maybe I need to work on the religious and political insults, or bad Polack jokes...

I can take it as well as dish it out.... I'm Norwegian, so lay on the Scandinavian jokes.... I probably wouldn't understand it, anyway!

Seriously, I wouldn't have the patience to be a moderator here. I'd just say, "why don't you guys step outside and settle it between yourselves!"

PS The celibacy probably wouldn't work either! Tried it once, didn't like it......

Tolerance and Intangibles or Tolerance of Intangibles...

I can't let that one go...

There, there.... :poke::D

OR maybe "There...there ...there " !!

As N .....http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk217/crpryor/catscratching.jpg

d=halfnote

Reminds me of the Gordian Knot. The king couldn't figure out how to disentangle it, so he just took out his sword and cut it in two!

PS My actual initials are ELI, for Eric Lee Iverson, to distinguish me from the countless other Eric Iversons running around in Norway and other places! Some of whom may have even invaded YOUR town.... so beware!

Meh. I think there is entirely too much made of all this.

I was thrust into a moderator role after being a longstanding contributor to a given forum (and also pretty zealous about reporting spam in that forum) and suddenly THE LORD Jim PM'ed me and said NOAH Griff, I need you to build an ark moderate this forum.

The rest is, well, history.... :D

The rest is history.... :D

If I understand correctly, we would say it's "his story"; whereas you would say it's "my story".

:rimshot:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Artists/62726-sheldon_cooper.jpg

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

I almost woulda guessed that -----that actor's been getting a lotta buzz lately----but he seems to be wearing soem extra makeup.....& the connection with my joke flew right over my head.

Que ?

Watch an episode or 2 - you'll get it! :cool:

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

I've seen the show "BIG BANG" but not recently.....

I originally checked it for the babes ( :laugh: ) & the actor Johnny Gelecki, who had a known history.

I can only surmise that the "Sheldon" ref. came in b/c I was a bit supercilious ( not so diff than "super-silly-us" ) in my comment.

Still, I wonder WTF is with that stage makeup in the photo & the KBoard...I remember enuf to know that "Sheldon" had no musical (or other interpersonal) skills.

Was he auditioning for Scissor Sister or something ? :facepalm:

d=halfnote

Archived