Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So I had a recording project for uni...

danoftheriot

Hey guys,

I hang around here often but rarely post anything. Prefer to take in the advice rather than give it... I'm still learning.

I just recently had a recording project for uni and I'd love to get some feedback on the tunes. I've posted them on my myspace. Three of them are my own original compositions and the 4th is an arrangement I did of Joy Divisions "Love Will Tear Us Apart".

I'm pretty happy with the overall sound of the tunes. Not so excited about my soloing but felt it would be abit of a no-no to re-record my solos as the recordings were primarily live in the studio and then small over dubs here and there to fix the glaringly obvious mistakes and throw some extra little ideas on top.

Would really appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

Thanks guys.

Dan Bruce

Daniel Bruce Music www.myspace.com/danbruce1

Status 6 String

Fender Jazz V 24

Fender Jazz Deluxe V (Mex)

Trace Elliot RAH400SMX

Gallien Kreuger MB2

Epifani 210

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dan,

Only listened to the Joy Division tune because I am a bit of a fan of theirs. Sounds really good, although I found the intro a bit too long due to the repetitive pattern. When the bass drops out and the vocals come in, I did not see/hear that coming but I found it a bit odd that after a lengthy build-up the bass all of a sudden drops out completely :)

Just my two eurocents. I like your tone and playing :thu:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Thanks heaps guys, yeah the Joy Division tune was the absolute best take for the bass but it was the best vocal take so I had to go with that one.

I was trying to replicate the intro of the tune how it's that big Amin thing but also make it a modal tune with some indian influence with the "Alap" section... I think it's called the Alap, it's the intro where they outline the mode/scale they are using in the piece... Half arsed version of the idea I know but just an idea.

Thanks again.

Status 6 String

Fender Jazz V 24

Fender Jazz Deluxe V (Mex)

Trace Elliot RAH400SMX

Gallien Kreuger MB2

Epifani 210

Archived