Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Video clip of my band...

Ross Brown

I'm in agreement with those who thought the drum solo went on far too long. Otherwise I enjoyed it. The sound quality wasn't the best and the video was grainy and jumpy. I can see where people might be critical of the singer's image, but I thought that the guy sang pretty well. I'd take that over someone who has a "good image" but sings poorly. Because if you can't sing, your image becomes a joke.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one Ross. Thanks.

Get rid of the mic stand then at least he won't be anchored to the spot. Just getting him walking from one side of the stage to the other would make a difference. He probably doesn't know what he looks like, know how to dance or what moves to make. Not everyone is a natural. He needs to act in a way that he is comfortable or it will look forced. I don't know what the answer is because I don't know him. Rehearse with a video camera on a tripod so he can take away the video and watch himself and see what works?

Lighting. Try to get the lights on the band. As you can see when you face the lights at the audience, not only do you light up your backs and put your fronts in shaddow but you dazzle the audience. It doesn't matter what your singer looks like or does if no one can see him. If you can put the lights to the front at the sides and point them in diagonally accross the stage to illuminate the band with one or two facing out to the audience you will look 100% better. The ones facing the audience need to point down and not straight into their eyes.

It's live music! Only musicians (possibly only another bass player) will notice that you should play counterpoint to a flatted 9th on the third bar. I've never heard the original. Play it confidently, the audience listen to the vocals and the melody and dance to the bass and drums.

I liked it. Keep it up.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Archived