Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lexicon reverb in Sonar 3 - opinions?

I will upgrade to Sonar 3, but either the $99 upgrade (which doesn't have the Lexicon Pantheon reverb) or the $200-plus upgrade (which does have the reverb). I need to have a feel for the quality of this reverb in order to decide which upgrade to spring for. Any opinions on this Lexicon software reverb? M Peasley

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having worked for Lexicon for four years, now manage Digitech, I was recently back at HMG in Salt Lake and got to hear the Pantheon for the first time. From what I heard it is spot on. Everything you would expect from a Lexicon reverb. I would say it's closer to PCM than MPX sound. For the upgrade price you'd be hard pressed to find something similar.
overheard street personality on Venice Beach "Man, that Bullshit is Bulllshhittt...."

It sounds better than anything else I have. It's getting used anywhere I need a "pretty" verb. For uglyverb there are lots of other options. The $200 upgrade also includes the Ultrafunk reverb. It doesn't have such creamy tails as the Lex, but it does sound good and it has a low and high cut filters built in - which I love. -ml
Rubber Lizard Studio

The Lexicon reverb sounds awesome -- it has none of the metallic "delay" sound you sometimes hear in synthetic reverbs. However, it doesn't have a dedicated lowpass filter, so vocal "S"s come through too prominently. But the Ultrafunk reverb is also excellent (maybe not quite as silky smooth as the Lexicon), and it has a lowpass filter. Both reverbs are great, and they're something Sonar has needed for a long time!! :D Shayne
Discover Human Music by Shayne White at: http://www.shaynesworld.com

I agree with Shane about the "S" sounds. It sounds very sibilant to me, and its hard to get rid of. I'm not really all that impressed actually, i guess i had unrealistic expectations though. It does sound good for a native plugin, but not anywhere near the same league as my PCM91 or even my PCM81.

[quote]Originally posted by bond1: [b]I agree with Shane about the "S" sounds. It sounds very sibilant to me, and its hard to get rid of. I'm not really all that impressed actually, i guess i had unrealistic expectations though. It does sound good for a native plugin, but not anywhere near the same league as my PCM91 or even my PCM81.[/b][/quote]Hey bond? How is the progress of my PCM91 impulses coming along? ;)
S.K. Evans | Animus Mundi | Nuendo 3.01, 3 WinXP SP1 machines (p4 3.0, 2.4 Celeron, 2.4 Celeron), Fxteleport, RME Multiface, 2 UAD cards

I like it quite a bit. It's not an everything reverb, but it does seem to have more of "that" sound than any other reverb in my arsenal, save my rack units. I'd try it on anything. As far a CPU usage, it's right in the middle.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

it is certainly among the best of the soft algo reverbs, but just that...it doesn’t compare to the PCM-series Lexicon hardware or a t.c. M3K, etc. this is based on listening to samples of the Pantheon next to a Lex PCM-60, Lex MPX500, t.c. M3K, Waves RenVerb, and a couple of others... you can find links to the same demos over on The Gas Station forums...
Go tell someone you love that you love them.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote]Originally posted by aeon: [QByou can find links to the same demos over on The Gas Station forums...[/QB][/quote]Where is this? Please drop a link.
No matter how good something is, there will always be someone blasting away on a forum somewhere about how much they hate it.

Archived