Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eric Persing demoes iPad/AirDisplay with Omnisphere

zephonic

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But hey... it's magic compared to a decade ago, so :thu::D

I'm not so sure. I think there was less latency on a Trinity touchscreen.

I dunno - it's a cute trick, but to actually make this work in a professional environment, I think you'd have to wait for the next gen iPad with more CPU under the screen.

Or an HP Slate. ;)

But hey... it's magic compared to a decade ago, so :thu::D

I'm not so sure. I think there was less latency on a Trinity touchscreen.

The latency isn't the touchscreen, it's the Bluetooth (or Wifi?) connection to the MacBook and back, sending the video changes back to the iPad. The iPad (and iPhone/Touch) touch displays have very good response time. This isn't about the latency of the touch... it's the transmission of the display redraws to the iPad (remember, the iPad is merely acting as a second monitor that just happens to have touch capability). :thu:

I dunno - it's a cute trick, but to actually make this work in a professional environment, I think you'd have to wait for the next gen iPad with more CPU under the screen.

Again, it's not necessarily a horsepower issue; more about optimizing the graphics refreshes (in much the way that VNC can) by not showing the actual screen when doing moves; showing just the outline and doing the full redraw once it's dropped in the new location... etc.

Archived