Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

gettin the gig...

Ross Brown

I reminded my wife a while back that she has not gotten any gigs for the band we are in together. There is a venue that she really wants to play. Smoke free, good food, good blues crowd.

Bar owner took the demo CD and promised to listen but then of course she could not find it, never listened, gave her a new one, never listened, promised she would, never did, etc, etc you know the drill...

My wife overheard the bar owner talking about working out and how much she enjoyed it. My wife loaded up our demo on a cheap mp3 player (with ear buds) and gave it to the bar owner. Told her to just press play and listen to it while she works out. Got a call the next day with bookings...

I knew she could do it....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very good idea, in fact, MP3 players are cheap enough that you could use that marketing idea more than once without breaking the bank.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

My wife overheard the bar owner talking about working out and how much she enjoyed it. My wife loaded up our demo on a cheap mp3 player (with ear buds) and gave it to the bar owner. Told her to just press play and listen to it while she works out. Got a call the next day with bookings...

Mrs. Brown is a brilliant marketeer.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

Mrs. Brown is a brilliant marketeer.

Yes, I told the story to a sales rep friend. He loved it!

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Archived