Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland BA-330

zephonic

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't tried it--so keep that in mind as you read the rest of this. The reality is you never know what something will sound like until you hear it, regardless of what the specs say and what other people tell you.

I did some research on it when it first came out, because I like lightweight low profile gear. I first spoke to a rep I work with at an online retailer. He had heard it at a Roland demo. He felt it would work for a room of 100, perhaps up to 150. His words: "it did really well for it's size."

I looked all over for specs at the time; none were out. I finally called Roland, and they told me it was 30 W x 30 W. I determined that just wasn't going to do it for my needs.

I have one of the Roland CM-30 monitors - one channel, 30 watts, one 6.5" speaker, will fit on a mic stand. It has the wiring to connect a pair of them for stereo. Sounds very good up to its limits - then considerable distortion.

I've used it in some stage productions where my FOH signal was through the house PA. Sit it on the stand so it is only a couple of feet away from me - makes a good monitor in such conditions. Also use it occasionally in jams with a small mostly acoustic group. It doesn't weigh hardly anything and I have a pair of EON 10 G2 for most of the time when I need more volume.

Based on what I've seen with the CM-30; it would seem that the BA-330 would have about as much sound as a pair of them, maybe a bit more (4 speakers). They couldn't build up a large amount of power and still provide battery operation from eight AA batteries.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Archived