Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Booking a tour--club suggestions between TX and NYC?

Snowdog79

So my band is trying to put together a little tour this May, and I'd love some suggestions of clubs to contact along our route.

Here are the pertinent details:

--We're starting in Texas and heading to New York, then back home again.

--We've booked our "anchor" shows in NYC (Friday, Saturday, Sunday).

--We're looking to fill up the dates before and after this weekend at clubs between Fort Worth, TX and New York.

--We're a cowpunk band--kind of rockabilly, kind of country. High energy and stupid jokes.

We've all done a good bit of touring, but with this band we're trying a DIY approach. Our guitarist has plenty of booking experience though--he's owned and booked a successful club in town for the past 11 years.

Anyone have any suggestions of clubs or bands to contact to set up shows between here and there? Routing is totally flexible at the moment--just trying to get some ideas and piece this thing together.

Our MySpace page, if you're so inclined:

http://www.myspace.com/CowpunkHolyMoly

Thank ya kindly!

~Jeremy Hull

hullbass@gmail.com

www.myspace.com/Jeremyhull

www.myspace.com/cowpunkHolyMoly

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I probably asked this before, but are you in any way affiliated with a band called Snow Dogs or Snowdogs? They were two Swedish or Finnish brothers and a drummer named Benjy who was a monster drummer. Very cool band, I have both albums but then lost track of them altogether.

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

I probably asked this before, but are you in any way affiliated with a band called Snow Dogs or Snowdogs? They were two Swedish or Finnish brothers and a drummer named Benjy who was a monster drummer. Very cool band, I have both albums but then lost track of them altogether.

Nope, not affiliated. I stole the name from an old Rush song. I'll check out the band though!

~Jeremy Hull

hullbass@gmail.com

www.myspace.com/Jeremyhull

www.myspace.com/cowpunkHolyMoly

If you're passing through Kansas City, you might try booking Knuckleheads Saloon. It's mostly a blues place, but they book a lot of roots music acts there, Junior Brown, folks like that.

Their website is Knuckleheadskc.com.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived