Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Micro vers Regular/neo cabinets

EZ

I have been looking at the new Gallien Kruger MBE cabinets, mainly the MBE 212, my question is other than weight what do I loose with the Micro cabinets. I see there are a lot of people here that use the Little Mark and other stuff like that. Has anyone A/B the different types of cabinets Micro, verses Regular/Neo. Id really like to hear what people have to say thank you.

If you smell something stinking, it's juz me, I'm funky like that

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In general, if it's a well designed cabinet with proper attention paid to driver selection, etc. you shouldn't be sacrificing anything just because it's a smaller cab than traditional dimensions. Innovations in speaker technology are producing much better and more efficient drivers and the bass cab industry is finally starting to get around to changing their stone age methods of design and construction. Nothing that they're doing is all that new...it's only new to commercial bass cabs.

I think Dave Sisk just posted a thread about one or the combo version of one. Those are just out so it appears not many have had the opportunity to try them, including me. I'm curious about them myself. Shoot, GK doesn't even have them on their site.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

Archived