Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Metal"ish"

Ross Brown

Had fun last night. Went to hear a band play that our singer was filling in for. They were good and that was nice. Then we headed up the street during their break and dropped in to hear the band that was playing at another club. Was a much heavier sound to this band. Heavy metal. Not my cup of tea but I must confess that I gained an appreciation for the tighness of what they were doing. The bass player did his job and played well and I gained a new respect for what goes into playing the genre. Hats off to my fellow bass players and the rest of the folks playing that style. The guitards were very tight. Vocals were actually good too.

The crowd was a hoot. Seemed like a good time for all. I danced with my wife for one song (we were the only ones dancing, I hate that, but I like dancing with her).

I got better last night and I did not even touch a bass.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice :D

To be honest, there are alot of fills and stuff Bart Williams of the Black Dahlia Murder that I think alot of us can dig on on their new album.

has some good examples later in the song. His Zon bass is also pretty sexy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTul-uzXIpU for you drummers, or just to watch something cool. I know it amazed me.

What kind of a Metal band where they Ross? Its a very diverse genre now, I personally prefer my metal with a prog tinge and a thrash element. Within that remit there are some amazing players!!

I could not tell you... sorry... I am clueless here. Next time they play I will tack my son. He plays this stuff (bass and drums). Opened my eyes to a new world though. I won't be playing it but I did enjoy it....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I call it "Coookiee-Core".

It's always cool to hear a good band, especially when you least expect it.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Archived