Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Still alive!

CaptainCutthroat

Hey all! Please allow me to pardon myself for my absence. Just got an email from Chad wishing me a happy birhday (thanks again!) and realized I've never tried logging on to LD from my new pocket space staion. (iPhone). My laptop has been in seemingly endless repair and thus I have not been able to upload any of the cool stuff from the CA trip. Including a visit with Mr and Mrs Jeremy Cohen at Muir Woods on Halloween!

The record came out fantastic and driving to and fro to make it was one of the best experiences I've ever had. Less than 2 weeks after we got back I had yet another visit from Jeremy at a CC show in Boston with Davio as his company!

I owe Jermey the pic of us at Muir Woods still (I haven't forgot) and will post them here for all to see/mock/laugh at/be aroused by. My crap-top SHOULD be fixed soon.

Some of the new CC stuff is up on the bands' facebook and myspace.

Carvin Bunny Brunel Signature 5 String, ESP LTD 5 String, Ampeg SVT3, Ampeg 4x10 and 1x18

www.captaincutthroat.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yeah... you'll never make the mistake of leaving anything "interesting" in the van in plain sight again.

Good rule to live by when touring in a van: LEAVE NOTHING VISIBLE.

Also, seriously... open alcohol in the van? Use some common sense, man! If you get pulled over for anything--even a busted tail-light--and the cops even remotely smell beer (or anything else you shouldn't be doing while you're driving), you're in for a LONG visit with the police. This may also include a full emptying of your vehicle, trailer, personal bags and pockets.

And yes, you can tell them you don't want them to go through your things (because they can't search you without cause), but they can very easily detain you until they can call for a K-9 unit to come and sniff you up... and if you have anything you shouldn't at that point, you're REALLY going to be in a mess.

So, yeah.... glad you're back, but... watch your ass.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Yes, I know someone that did that too ;) . It's a $75 fine for the empties and our van, I mean their van, clearly did not have the proper license plates for that spot which the fines for were kindly taken care of by the CA resident that told us, I mean them, that no one would care if we, I mean they, parked there. :)

Carvin Bunny Brunel Signature 5 String, ESP LTD 5 String, Ampeg SVT3, Ampeg 4x10 and 1x18

www.captaincutthroat.com

Archived