Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Les Paul

Glen335

On Les Paul...

Shortly before I was born my parents owned a Photography studio in Pompton Lakes, NJ. In either 1954 or 1955 they were commisioned to go to Les Paul & Mary Ford's home, where they had their recording studio, and spend the day photographing the two of them. Dad primarily hung with Les & Mom with Mary.

They... saw the studio/workshop where Les created his Multi-Track recording system. They did alot of recording there that would be played during live performances to enhance their show without having additional musicians.

They spent the whole day at their house. Les was a very active man who would hardly sit still for even a moment. When I was 17, I found one of the photographs of Les that my dad took of him playing a Les Paul guitar with 3 more hanging on the wall behind him. (Les Paul's own Les Pauls) I showed my dad the picture and he told me the whole story.

I was almost kinda pissed that Dad never got me at least an autograph, but he said " You weren't even born yet"! Timing is everything...

Glen

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome aboard Glen...I sure hope you saved that picture as you have quite a story and a keepsake even though it's not autographed...your parents were some of the luckiest people on earth to get to know and photograph Les Paul & Mary Ford...
Take care, Larryz

Archived