Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tampa Bay Fusion Shredfest ! Brecker Bash 2010

Tone Taster

More info Here:

Brecker Bash 2010

Scroll past the flyer for even more info

Okay, so there was an issue regarding me bumping this type of thread too much.

So . . . what is a reasonable amount of time to pass until I can bump it again ?

1.Once a day ?

2. Once every 2 days ?

3. Never ? Just post it once and hope for the best ?

What ??

I'm trying to work w/y'all here . . .

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, so there was an issue regarding me bumping this type of thread too much.

So . . . what is a reasonable amount of time to pass until I can bump it again ?

1.Once a day ?

2. Once every 2 days ?

3. Never ? Just post it once and hope for the best ?

What ??

I'm trying to work w/y'all here . . .

If the thread is still on the front page of the forum (for most folks that means within the first 30 threads or so), I'd suggest you leave it alone.

If there's discussion on the content of the thread that you're responding to, that bumps the thread naturally. (For example, a response to this post or a response to someone who asks a question about the event.)

If no one's responding to the thread after you've bumped it to the top a couple of times, it's probably a sign that folks either aren't interested or they've digested the info and don't see a reason to comment. It's probably not worth bumping again until close to the date of the event as a reminder.

Last, folks are generally more receptive to bumping when the thread-starter is also participating in other discussion threads on the forum. This suggests some interest in the community here beyond it being a source of attendees for your event.

Does that help? There are no hard and fast rules about this. My preference would be that we don't make any, and community norms pave the way for when bumping is and is not tolerated.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I have thought about it, and by definition any question and / or answer will automatically bump the thread, but if done with respect to the initial query it is validated, IMHO. Asking about the weather would be a cheap way to bump :)

Yeah, I agree that the weather would be a cheap way to bump, particularly if I tried to sneak in some plugs for or against Global Warming !

Archived