Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Interesting Blog entry... topic: Guitars and graphics

rw2003

Came across this blog post while searching about website design recenty...

From the blogger, a self admitted pro Graphic Artist and amateur guitarist ...."I thought it would be interesting to take the last century of graphics and guitar music and see if, or when, the two things ever do combine."

Guitars and Graphics

http://www.johnsonbanks.co.uk/up_images/352_Picture_1.jpg

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two life pursuits... awesome!

There is a connection a lot of the time. A lot of the classic British rock guitarists were art schoolers - Clapton, Page, Frampton, Ron Wood... This was extremely comforting to me as a kid in the South who had an inclination towards these things in an atmosphere that didn't particularly encourage them.

There is a connection a lot of the time. A lot of the classic British rock guitarists were art schoolers - Clapton, Page, Frampton, Ron Wood... This was extremely comforting to me as a kid in the South who had an inclination towards these things in an atmosphere that didn't particularly encourage them.

Oh man, I lived in a little nothing town in Arkansas called Beebe. The high school/jr. high had a very well-equipped football team, a basket ball team, a track team, and a competing girls basketball team. They also had an art program with one teacher who didn't give a crap about teaching anything, and a music program that consisted of two singing classes, neither of which taught anything about reading music.

Gotta love the South. Great priorities in education.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Oh man, I lived in a little nothing town in Arkansas called Beebe. The high school/jr. high had a very well-equipped football team, a basket ball team, a track team, and a competing girls basketball team. They also had an art program with one teacher who didn't give a crap about teaching anything, and a music program that consisted of two singing classes, neither of which taught anything about reading music.

Gotta love the South. Great priorities in education.

Well, I grew up here in Baton Rouge, near the college (LSU) in a musical/artistic household, so I didn't have the dire straits you did... but there is this persistent judgmental thing in the air that "you're a foolish, useless person" that starts when you're young and never lets up. In fact, it intensifies when you should be "grown up" no matter how well you're actually doing.

p90jr your last comment hits a nerve with me. I know this is off topic but I think it parallels what you said.

I used to ride dirt bike's until I was about 42 or 43. Best stress reliever I ever had (I still wish I had a bike). Anyway, I was at work bragging about the my new KX250 I bought and my 60ish boss asks me "aren't you a little old for those things?"

HELL NO was my answer! :laugh:

Dan

"I hate what I've become, trying to escape who I am..."

Archived