Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Genz Benz Uber 212

hags2k

Hey all

For the past year, I've been looking at possible lightweight replacements for my bass rig, a SWR WM4004, WM 1x15, and WM 4x10. I don't particularly like the sound of my current setup, but for most of the shows I've played the past year, I've not had the benefit of PA support (nor has the drummer, but hes already incredibly loud...), so I liked having this setup as I was always confident I had enough headroom. Plus, it wasn't very expensive.

I just got to demo a Genz Benz Uber 212 cab today (with the same WM4004 amp I use), and I was rather impressed. It sounded amazing, and was louder than I thought I had any right to expect. It had much better bottom end than my current setup, and was also extremely lightweight. I am thinking about replacing both my SWR WM cabs with this one 212 for my live setup. My only concern is whether it'd be enough to carry a room with a loud drummer and no PA support (for me) in a classic rock setting. I compared it with a rig almost identical to mine in the store, and of course it can't quite match the 4x10 and 1x15 in volume, but it was perhaps 75% of the way there. I honestly dont know if I actually need that much volume, but I've grown accustomed to the security of having a big stack. My back, however, has not :freak:

So, anyone have any experience with this cab, or anything similar?

unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play the Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 with two Genz Benz STL 12T cabinets (600 watts into 4 ohms). We play crunchy classic and modern rock, and I usually don't go through the PA unless it's a larger room with a good house PA.

I've never turned the amp up more than halfway, and it's plenty loud. Tons o' low end, too.

I think you'd be real happy with the Uber 212.

hags are you a fretless chap or a fretted?

Davo

Fretted four string, almost exclusively.

I play the Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 with two Genz Benz STL 12T cabinets (600 watts into 4 ohms). We play crunchy classic and modern rock, and I usually don't go through the PA unless it's a larger room with a good house PA.

I've never turned the amp up more than halfway, and it's plenty loud. Tons o' low end, too.

I think you'd be real happy with the Uber 212.

That sounds very, very similar to my current situation, so that's definitely good to hear! I'm thinking I'm going to take the plunge on this one.

unkownroadband.com - step into the unkown :-)

Archived