Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

All strung out...and lovin' it!

Groove Mama

I've used both D'addario Half-Rounds and GHS Brite Flats (which are also half-rounds) -- preferred the GHS, IIRC, but that was a long time ago.

I tried those years ago and didn't like them. I'm not a fan of half round strings in general. My fingers used to hurt from the friction off of the new strings and the sound was meh. As for Ernie ball strings, I've used the slinky 5 string set for years and they are a good inexpensive string.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use DR Lo-Riders for my fretted JB. Originally I chose them, because many other bassists in Moscow used them. Actually, there is not good situation with strings - only SIT, Daddario, GHS. That's why DR is sort of exclusive string right from west)))

It's comfortable strings, because they keep bright tone for a long time, don't string out like cheap nickel strings, and bassically DR has a hi-quality level of production.

And for my fretless I use the Rotosound 66. Just because my fretless is Fender CS Jaco pastorius Tribute, so it's my goal to make my sound more like Jaco's. He used Rotosound 66 Swing Bass, so there is no any choice to use any marks of strings)

I'm mostly using Dean Markley Blue Steels (stainless steel roundwounds). But I also have some other string sets that I use to suit certain basses.

-Nylon tape wound strings on the Epiphone Jack Casady

-LaBella Jamerson flats on the Fender 50's Precision

-GHS pressurewounds on the Musicman Stingray fretless

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Archived