Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Envelope Filter Pedals.... Any suggestions?????

4stringheavy

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Jeremy said.

I'll add that all the Chunk Systems pedals are fabulous. I have an Octavius Squeezer and while it does take an electrical engineering degree to learn to program the thing it sounds outstanding. And tracks better than anything out there as far as synth pedals go. Even better than the Akai Deep Impact which I also have and it is generally considered one of the better/best synth pedals available.

The Groove Regulator seems pretty nice as well.

Yep, one of these are on my "must buy" list

Of course there is also the EHX Bassballs and the Dynamic Wah from Boss, I have both of these and the Boss pedal is improved by the use of an expression pedal.

The DOD FX25 is much loved as is the DOD 440 in the form of the Mojo Hand 442 Red (The Boomstick Devices "Bottom Feeder" is the same pedal).

The Xotic Robotalk and the Maxon AF-9 are well regarded but pricy. If you can find a Guyatone BR-2 (Bottom Wah Rocker)for a decent price pick it up

Cheers!

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

I have an Emma Electronics DiscumBOBulator. I dig it.

You can even listen to a brief sound sample I did a couple of years ago to test it out when I first got it.

A l'il taste o' BOB. (Thanks, 0-9, for your continued hosting of the track.)

There are two bass tracks on there, both with the effect.

The BassIQ is also nice. I haven't tried Agent 00 Funk, but I'm curious.

Anywhere you can go and try out a few different envelope filters?

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

I had very good luck with a plain old 70's MXR Envelope Filter. I bought it with my Telecaster a few years ago, but it sounded better on the bass. As far as I know it wasn't modded for bass, but it could have been.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

+1 on the EBS BassIQ. I found a deal on a used one on TB and I've loved it so far. It's pretty freakin' sweet. I've only tried a couple envelope filters under less-than-ideal conditions so many here have a much better handle on this than do I.

I've been looking around after reading all your suggestions and I found the DOD FX25b that seems to have some pretty good reviews and is priced pretty decently. I think this might do to get started. It seems to be pretty simple to set up and dial in a good sound. Thanks again for all your replys.

Archived