Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Record Update w/ West Coast gigspamola!

CaptainCutthroat

Greetings all! Here is the scoop. We are now less than a month away from our departure from Mass to Cali to make our new record! I am more exited than a horny rhinoceros in a Volkswagen dealership! Billy Anderson will be behind the console at Shark Bite Studios in Oakland for the first week (10/15-10/22). Then we move the session to San Fran at Different Fur Studios to finish up (10/23-10/30).

Billy has recorded the "Disco Volante" and "California" Mr. Bungle albums. We've been told since the beginning that we have a very Mr. Bungle influenced sound. He also recorded Fantomas, Secret Chiefs 3, and Melvins to name some others.

This will be a new high water mark for us for sure!

Shows recently have been amazing as well. We played the songs from the new record front to back at our last hometown show. At the end it was demanded of us by our friends and fans to do our first encore and started chanting "20 Bombs" over and over. It felt amazing! That show and a "White Trash Bash" themed booze cruise in Boston Harbor were both packed. Very exiting.

Coming up, we're opening for a heavy metal Michael Jackson tribute at Hard Rock Cafe in Boston on 9/19! We're also trying to confirm a few California dates after the record. We had a date on hold at The Viper Room on Sunset Strip in Hollywood but it looks like it's falling through, unfortunately. We'd like to do a San Fran show on Halloween. We're trying to book it all ourselves with a little help from our friends and one other CA band. We're playing a place in Denver, CO on 11/4 called 3 Kings. I have no other details for that right now. We'd like to do Vegas before CO and Chicago and NY on the way home as well.

That's most of the news I have for now. I'm always pleased to meet any other LDer's when I'm traveling so tell me if I'm in your neighborhood. If anyone has any advice, funny stories about their first long distance road trip, or thinks that they could help in any way (booking, promoting, place to crash, etc) please don't be shy!

I hope all are doing well and taking care!

:)

Carvin Bunny Brunel Signature 5 String, ESP LTD 5 String, Ampeg SVT3, Ampeg 4x10 and 1x18

www.captaincutthroat.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy good timing, Batman!

Jeremy just asked me when you were going to be in CA and I said I'd tell you to come give an update.

I would TOTALLY be at the MJ tribute band show @ Hard Rock if you had told me sooner! I've already committed that afternoon/evening to the roller derby. The way one of the announcers was talking to me last month, I think I might voluteer to run sound for them next season.

What day are you guys leaving for the trip?

we are leaving 10/9 and driving in the "Ram-wagon"! It is a Dodge 3500 extended van with lots of room. Chester would have made dookie at the mere sight of this thing! I'll try to post pics before we go.

Carvin Bunny Brunel Signature 5 String, ESP LTD 5 String, Ampeg SVT3, Ampeg 4x10 and 1x18

www.captaincutthroat.com

we are leaving 10/9 and driving in the "Ram-wagon"! It is a Dodge 3500 extended van with lots of room. Chester would have made dookie at the mere sight of this thing! I'll try to post pics before we go.

:D

That means you'll be around for the Hard Rock show!

...a heavy metal Michael Jackson tribute...

Cap, I'm trying to envision heavy metal renditions of "Billie Jean", "1,2,3" & "Man In The Mirror"...it's making me giggle insanely.

Congrats, mazel tov, WA-HOO and all other exclamations of joy at your advance on the bastions of the music industry! Don't sign anything without a show biz lawyer, don't take drugs from anyone you don't know...um...actually don't take drugs from anyone...um...actually, just don't take drugs, try not to get too Californicated, make sure the booze is on the house before you order a drink, and protect yourself in the cliches.

Now, hit that coast and come out smokin'!!

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Cap, I'm trying to envision heavy metal renditions of "Billie Jean", "1,2,3" & "Man In The Mirror"...it's making me giggle insanely.

I am personally hoping that they do the song from "Free Willy" or "When I think About You, I Touch Myself"

Oh wait......wrong artist on the last one :D

www.captaincutthroat.com

Archived