Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

musicians in LA

zephonic

Hi,

am a keyboardist fairly new in LA. Looking for guys to play with. My main thing is Funk/Contemporary Jazz stuff, but willing to do all. PM me if you want to hook up.

Menno

www.mennodeboer.com

local: Korg Nautilus 61 AT | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer | 16" MBP M1 Max

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, best of luck, zephonic! Keep us posted on how you make out, hooking up with other players, particularly guitarists and bassists.

Seems we've had some LA folks here before; but at least one of 'em moved to Florida... maybe he'll pop in here, and suggest some players that he knew out there, or mention you to them...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Keep posting, dude, there are some good folks here. And good luck in finding like-minded folks to jam with. Let us know how it goes. I could wish you were here in KC, I love working with a good keyboard player, and they ain't easy to find.

Again, much luck.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Seems we've had some LA folks here before; but at least one of 'em moved to Florida... maybe he'll pop in here, and suggest some players that he knew out there, or mention you to them...

I would guess your best bet is to ask around the employees at the music stores in Hollywood (Guitar Center and especially West LA Music), Craig's List, and The Recycler. That is online and you can pick up a regional copy at any convenience store. They're separated into OC, LA, and Riverside editions...some further broken down into smaller areas which is why the online website is probably best.

Personal recommendations are ideal...you probably know there are a LOT of flakey musicians in L.A.

Perhaps Scott can give other recommendations as he is quite active in the scene.

Carl

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Archived