Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New books coming from Bassline Publishing

Stuart Clayton

Hi all,

I know that many of you have purchased bass books from my publishing company Bassline Publishing in the past and so if you'll forgive the slightly spammy post, I thought that an update as to upcoming book releases was in order. In short, I have a LOT of things planned over the coming months.

First of all, a new website is currently being built. The new site will enable us to accept credit card payments as well as PayPal transactions and will continue to feature exclusive bonus content in the form of extra transcriptions and lessons. I have purchased stock of the books that I wrote for Sanctuary Publishing, including Bass Styles, Giants of Bass etc, and these will be available on the new site as well as my existing titles.

Some new books that will be out before the end of the year:

The Brand New Heavies: Brother Sister Bass Transcriptions. All songs from the Brother Sister album transcribed in full. Andrew Levy (heavies bassist) is an awesome player and these ultra funky grooves are excellent study for any bassist.

The Mark King Bass Book: this is a collection of Mark's best instrumentals and bass solos and is something that many people have requested over the years. Will include all the classics - Mr Pink, Sandstorm, Pursuit of Accidents etc, plus several live bass solo transcriptions and a full biog and technique analysis.

Both of these books will be on sale before Christmas and will be priced at £15 each. This is an attempt to bring some more competitively priced books into the range.

The Bass Player's Guide to Scales and Modes is also in progress. Just need a nice lengthy tour to give me enough free time to put it together!

THE BEST NEWS... The long awaited Solo Arrangements for Electric Bass is coming! I have been able to work on this book a lot more recently and it is taking shape very nicely indeed. All the music is written and the book currently stands at a whopping 140 pages - it's gonna be a big one. It contains the following pieces: The Simpsons, Laura, Shape Of My Heart, The Genesis Medley, When Johnny Comes Marching Home and Fur Elise. There are also etudes for each technique required to play the pieces: chordal fingerstyle, tapping, looping etc. There are also pieces written in the style of well known solo bassists such as Victor Wooten, Stuart Hamm and Michael Manring not to mention pieces contributed by YouTube solo bass stars Zander Zon and Aram Bedrosian. Exciting stuff - this is going to be an awesome book!

Finally, DVD's are in the pipeline. I will initially be filming each of the solo pieces from the above book for free download on the site (and YouTube) and then moving on to a range of DVD's.

Exciting times! I hope some of this is of interest to you, please let me know if there are other titles you would like to see.

Best,

Stuart

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Brand New Heavies: Brother Sister Bass Transcriptions. All songs from the Brother Sister album transcribed in full. Andrew Levy (heavies bassist) is an awesome player and these ultra funky grooves are excellent study for any bassist.

I <3 BNH

Also, what Jeremy said. You've joined in discussions a bit in the past but it seems like the last few times you've come around have been strictly for promotion of your last handful of books.

That said, I have a few books on my Christmas list.

Hi guys,

I apologise if that's the impression you've got. I certainly don't want to be one of those guys, so I guess you'll be seeing a bit more of me around here!

Seriously, of all the bass forums this is by far and away the most pleasant to be on, so I really don't to be ruffling any feathers.

Cheers guys,

Stuart

Archived