Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Saw Norm Stockton tonight with Lincoln Brewster

DanYmaL X

I had completely forgotten that he was touring with Lincoln Brewster... when they came out I was sure I recognized the face, and then when Lincoln walked of stage for a sec and Norm took off on a solo I knew from where... (for those of you not up on the Contemporary Christian thing, Lincoln Brewster is an extremely talented and popular Christian guitar player/ songwriter, with a lot of modern CCM songs on the radio these days... at one time played for Steve Perry as well) totally rockin' show, and Norm was outstanding... Norm has been touring and recording with him for a while now, but I had completely forgotten that little tidbit.

Norm was playing his MTD prototype J5 through an Ampeg rig, which sounded awesome.

All in all a great night of music and worship... although the bass was a bit too low in the house from where we were sitting...

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was hot and humid, in a smaller church, but a very good show. I didn't stick around for the meet and greet because the crowd around the band was pretty thick.

Yes, Norm can definitely play, but it was just as much fun to watch how much he genuinely loved what he was doing... the man is truly one with his instrument... as is Bincoln Brewster with his guitar. they had just flown in from Toronto Canada that afternoon so they were visibly worn out and probably having a hard time with the altitude... but still put on a great show.

Incidentally, Joshua, how are you handling the altitude so far? Have you noticed any effects?

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Archived