Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My three favorite words from UPS: Out For Delivery.

rizzo9247

Rizz - congrats - it looks nice. How is the weight? Lighter than your other bass I assume?

I've always assumed a body crafted out of mahogany would be on the heavy side, but this bass is very very light. The Stingray feels like a log soaked with molasses in comparison.

Rizz - any dime-sized dings?

I found a hairline scratch on the back of the control cavity's plastic cover, but I think I will let that slide ;)

I can't speak enough of the "luxurious" feel of this bass. The Prestige lines are the only Ibanez basses made in Japan, and it definelty speaks to their build quality (even with the black plastic knobs...).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sexy. Congrats.

Any chances coming up to play it at a gig?

Steve, I agree with Jeremy and Tom -- rizzo doesn't agonize over this. He seems to relish the journey, enjoy the experiment, and uses it to figure out what he likes and doesn't like. Although, in his case, I might recommend a Capasso-style journal of what he liked and disliked about each bass purchased. This kind of info can come in handy if the decision is made one day to drop some serious coin on a high-end or custom instrument.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

You're a high-end or custom instrument.

Any chances coming up to play it at a gig?

Nothing immediate, but my best guess would be sometime in October. We have burned the bridge at our last venue as the owner was not willing to budge on the meager compensation we were given for a 4-hour set.

Archived