Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Question re, Schecter Bass

Mike19

Hi Everybody. I joined the Forum this morning.

I just bought a used Schecter Diamond Series Elite-4. The Diamond Series does not appear on the Schecter website so I assume this Series (including my Elite Bass)has been discontinued.

Does anyone know when the Diamond Series was discontinued?

"99 And 1/2 Just Won't Do"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhino Rob is correct. All of their imports, which are pretty much everything they sell aside from their custom shop instruments, are considered Diamond Series. I think they just sort of dropped the whole "Diamond Series" branding/labeling to make things a little easier and less confusing (possibly?). You wouldn't want to tell someone you play a Schecter Guitar Research, Diamond Series, Elite-4 everytime, right? :)

They also do have a habit of discontinuing a line or series often as another is introduced. Any pictures or details of your bass would help or as someone suggested, you can contact Schecter through their website, facebook, myspace etc.

[Carvin] XB76WF - All Walnut 6-string fretless

[schecter] Stiletto Studio 5 Fretless | Stiletto Elite 5

[Ampeg] SVT3-Pro | SVT-410HLF

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Rhino Rob is correct. I contacted Schecter and they said its all Diamond. They are still selling my particlar model (Cherry red with gold h/w and a single diamond shaped bridge inlay) even though it is not shown on their website.

The guy told me you can ID the date of manufacture by the first 2 numbers in the serial#: 06XXXX = 2006 (mine).

Don't know anything about Schecter other than I like their guitars, but if you emailed them and they replied within a day, I'd say that's pretty good customer service... even if you called them, it's nice to know there are still companies out there that will answer the phone.

Welcome to the forum, Mike... I hope you stick around for a while now that your question has been answered... it's a great place to hang out and a great resource to tap into.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Hi Dx.

I sent Schecter an e-mail on Sat and received a reply on Mon AM.

BTW, the diamond insert is, of course, on the neck, not the bridge. My model was made in South Korea.

Mike

As others have done, welcome to the forums. Stick around and join in! I'm a fan of Schecter's instruments, have been for about 10 years now, and own 2 of their guitars and 2 basses. You get a pretty decent instrument for the price and although they seem to target the current rock/metal crowd, they get some decent versatility in their catalog. I just wish they'd offer more fretless basses! :)

[Carvin] XB76WF - All Walnut 6-string fretless

[schecter] Stiletto Studio 5 Fretless | Stiletto Elite 5

[Ampeg] SVT3-Pro | SVT-410HLF

Archived