Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Be prepared to burn all of your guitars...

Boggs

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That really impressive. I won't setting my axes on fire, but I will approach them with a little more shame...

Ask not what your guitar can do for you, rather ask you can do for your guitar without provoking a divorce or a visit from the police.

- with profound apologies to JFK

Loads of talent for sure, but the thing I wonder is, how come we NEVER hear from these kids again? The guitarists most people revere today didn't get there by playing difficult songs on YouTube at age 5. And I agree with something GP said a few issues ago which is these wunderkinds everyone is impressed by eventually end up as trained monkeys and leave a legacy as a wunderkind instead of a modern innovator.

Anyway, I think her performance would be even better if SHE burned the guitar after she was done. You know, pour some lighter fluid on it, worship it, and then throw it around the stage. :laugh:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=810593

http://www.myspace.com/dandelavega

Anyway, I think her performance would be even better if SHE burned the guitar after she was done. You know, pour some lighter fluid on it, worship it, and then throw it around the stage. :laugh:

The young shredders don't depress me. There are so many and they're copying note for note. If they were improvising on the level of Johnny Smith and had chops...then I'd be depressed.

How about this for the Grande Finale? :D

[video:youtube]tKTNibzy9I4

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

Loads of talent for sure, but the thing I wonder is, how come we NEVER hear from these kids again? The guitarists most people revere today didn't get there by playing difficult songs on YouTube at age 5. And I agree with something GP said a few issues ago which is these wunderkinds everyone is impressed by eventually end up as trained monkeys and leave a legacy as a wunderkind instead of a modern innovator.

If you go to YouTube to watch her vids, you'll also see a link to a 12 year old Joe Bonnamassa doing a blues tune,

He's one that had skills early, and stuck with it.

Also, Derek Trucks played on stage with the Allman Brothers when he was 12... and then went on to join the band as an adult.

So while some kids burn out or fade away... some stick with it!

M

I wonder if some of them eventually come to their senses and realize there is too much competition and not enough money in music, especially when you no longer have the gimmick of being a child prodigy.

But what I think is that not everybody who can play really loves it. People always leave what they don't love behind when they find whatever it is that they do love.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I wouldn't have believed that if I hadn't just seen it with my own eyes.

She's playing that with heck of a mature feel and level of expressiveness.

Then there was the nice polite little smattering of applause at the end (??!!)

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Archived