Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Woo-Hoo, free tickets!

Bottom End

I won tickets to see Blues Traveler in Fredericksburg, VA, tonight!

What a great way to start the weekend.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. I didn't even know they had a concert series there. About 25 minutes away from home. It brings in some big national acts. The Wailers played there in May. I will have to check it out next year.

Not bad. I have 4 major music venues within an hour of here. Not to mention the countless clubs that bring in great music. I wonder why the music scene is DC is so bad.

How do you sign a computer screen?

I wonder why the music scene is DC is so bad.

Uh...cuz it's D.C.?

You know what they say -- politics is show business for ugly people, and you can just imagine what they consider entertainment.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Well, I drove 1.5 hours to get to Fburg from Hooville, don't complain to me about a bad music scene ;)

When I read the weekend section I see all sorts of artists at the Birchmere, State and 930 club, or an hour up the road in Bmore. I don't want deal with 95 and the Beltway, but I think the DC area has a lot to offer.

THe concert was awesome! I was up against the stage where I could feel the bass coming out of the Tad Kinchla's stage amp, perfect! BT played nearly every song right into another, with very little wasted time. Unlike many jam bands, IMO, I never felt like they were just jamming to fill time, and they really interacted with the audience.

The venue is really good, big enough, but not overwhelming, and the crowd and security were very cool. The mix was good, and the sound was good everywhere. I wish I'd checked this place out earlier in the year.

I was surprised, but recordings of the concert were made availabe shortly after the concert at the merch table. I'll check it out later thi AM, right now it's bed time.

If you get a chance to check out Blues Traveler, I really recommend going. They put out 110% for the crowd, and the set was defintely long enough. It's hard to believe they've been around for 21 yers.

Elephant Boy opened, and were actually really good, I'm surprised I hadn't heard of them before.

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

It does have a lot to offer, on a national level. Not too many big name acts come from here and all the bands seem to hate each other.

Glad the concert was cool. I bookmarked the page so I don't miss the series next year.

How do you sign a computer screen?

I listened to the soundboard recording today, lots of excellent bass riffage to be had. THe mix is a markedly different sound from what I heard next to the stage, cleaner naturally. Still there is something about the visceral wall of sound that I love to feel. HAving the clean recording to listen to later in order to hear every note is a bonus.

Tad Kinchla's playing on both 5 and 6 string, as well as an electro-URB, made me reconsider my 4 string purism. THe URB was played on a reworked version of "But Anyway" and sounded awesome. The version is available on their "Cover" album.

I was surprised to see recording of the concert I just attended made available in about 10 minutes after the show ended, I'd never seen that before at any other concert.

IT makes complete sense to me, from a fan and merch sense, especially for a band that gets no airplay or marketing.

I think of some of the shows I've seen in the past, and I wish I could have had recording of them.

Archived