Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I've got a riddle for you...

calypsocoral

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it does.... too bad Carvin doesn't offer any kind of Precision pickup options like a P-J, but their stacked Jazz pups are pretty sweet in and of themselves.

That's definitely a unique take on the basic offset Jazz body style, and at a good price for a Carvin, too.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

It looks a little awkward to me.

I like my LP75 the only thing is, since the day I got it, it smelled like peanut butter.

I've had two minor experiences with Carvin customer service, both were positive.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

i kind of like it, but would like to see one in person. yeah, it does seem to combine warwick corvette and fender jazz aesthetics.

i've had two small experiences with carvin customer service as well, and both were positive. jcadmus had a bad experience and regularly raises it in warning on carvin-oriented threads.

i've been playing my lb70 more frequently recently, enjoying it very much with flatwounds these days.

peace.

--s-uu

ps: i share robb.'s appreciation of the headstock.

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

jcadmus had a bad experience and regularly raises it in warning on carvin-oriented threads.

Well I feel somewhat obligated to -- I promised the exceptionally rude and obnoxious Carvin CSR I dealt with that I would.

And just because they didn't live up to their obligations to me doesn't mean I shouldn't live up to my commitments to them.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Can't say I love it, but I guess it would beat a length of rubberized clothesline, a washtub and a broom handle.

I really like Carvin's other bass designs better.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

i like the new headstock, but little else.

Bingo. Always hated the old Carvin (non-Icon) headstock. Otherwise it's like a beautiful woman (Jazz) married an ugly man (Warwick) and produced a mediocre looking child.

Push the button Frank.

And just because they didn't live up to their obligations to me doesn't mean I shouldn't live up to my commitments to them.

While I do admire a man of his word, and respect that you honor your commitments, I have to also say that I have had nothing but positive contacts with Carvin customer support... I've dealt with them many times on several different occasions. I also have had nothing but good experiences with their products- basses, guitars and amps.

It is too bad one rude, obnoxious CSR ruined your experience with them... from what I know of Carvin that particular rep wouldn't have lasted long if he were like that to all his customers, but even if it was a one time deal, having a bad day does not excuse that kind of behavior to a customer, even once.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

Rather that one rude, bad CSR that ruined my experience, it was a three-month series of encounters with various Carvin personnel as I tried to get them to build a bass I ordered and was paying for -- first they dropped the order, then they botched the build, couldn't figure out how to make it right and finally declined to do so.

Never again. Ever.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Archived