Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It's that Sadowsky time of year again...my how time flies!

_Sweet Willie_

Dear Mr. Sadowsky,

I know, I know. You can't hardly believe that a whole year has already passed us by. Amazing, isn't it!

As you well know by now, and as you have no doubt marked on the shop calendar or flagged as an annual "recurring appointment" in Outlook, my birthday is soon upon us. I wanted to take the opportunity to remind you that -- despite your best intentions -- one of your fine instruments has yet to arrive at my doorstep in the month of June (or belatedly for that matter).

I continue to keep an eye on the developments in your business through regular visits to your website. I continue to be impressed by your ability to create ever more lovely instruments. I must say, bass player that I am, I have certainly admired some of your eye-catching jazz g****rs. Beautiful stuff.

But, I have begun to digress. The point here is to help you select the right Sadowsky instrument for me as a birthday gift. I used to think that a Metro would be a lovely addition to my stable of basses. However, I must say, I believe an instrument that may be an even better match for me is now coming out of your shop.

I'll give you a moment to guess...

OK, now a series of clues...

Sweet Willie

S. Willie

S. Willee

S. Will Lee

Sadowsky Will Lee!!!

It's fate, I tell you! And, I have now seen Will perform live several times here in NYC with Oz Noy at the Bitter End. I do so enjoy his playing and his upbeat performances.

So, Mr. Sadowsky (can I call you "Roger" yet?), I want simply to put a bug in your ear that it would be marvelous if you were to decide to celebrate my birth with a brand spankin' new Will Lee signature bass.

Thanks, as always, for tuning in. I hope my annual plea has not fallen on deaf ears.

Warmest regards and best wishes for continued success during these trying economic times,

Willie

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please Roger please....

Have you ever got a reply from Mr Sadowsky?

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Maybe it'll help if we all write to Roger and tell him we'll chip in for the shipping.

Should Mr. Sadowsky in all his generosity decide to end what is a beautiful tradition here on the LDLD forum, I'll gladly contribute to the above idea :thu:

I only have one charity - me!

Good luck Doc - have a great birthday.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

WAIT!

Oh yes, wait a minute there, Roger!

Way-ay-ay-ay-it Mr Roger!

Mr Sadowski, can't you see,

you oughta send a bass to Sweet Wil-lie!

He's been asking, you know it's true,

for a birthday bass from you!

Again it's Sweet Willie's bur-urth-day-ay-ee-ee-yay

And once again, he's writing to say

He loves your basses, so what the hay?

send Sweet Willie a Will Lee today!

You know he'll play it just everywhe-eh-eh-ere,

and he'll tell folks that you really ca-hare!

Send him a Will Lee Sadowsky, Suh-hun

and show the world you're one cool son-of-a-gun!

Mr Sadowski, can't you see,

you oughta send a bass to Sweet Willie!

He's been asking, you know it's true,

for a birthday bass from you!

Don't know if it will help or not, but you're welcome to record a rendition of it if you think it will...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

When I was cold, Sweet Willie gave me a fan. When I was hungry, Sweet Willie kept me from eating junk food. When I was tired, Sweet Willie gave me work. When I was lonely, Sweet Willie lent me his isolation tank. When I hot, Sweet Willie gave me a blanket. When I was nauseous, Sweet Willie gave me chili. If not Sweet Willie, I ask who...who deserves it more? :(

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

he has an isolation tank?

Yes........but I'm sure it's only used for legitimate scientific purposes.

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

he has an isolation tank?

Don't most bass players? :confused: I mean, my band INSISTED on me having one and that my amp could fit in there with me.

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Aw for cryin' out loud Mr. Sadowsky, give this man a bass. Think of it a a personal stimulus program. Give Willie a bass and I'm sure he'll give one of his old ones to a needy kid. Besides you can write it off as a charitable contribution. So wadda ya say???

Well, I tried. :)

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

Thanks for all the support.

Mr. Sadowsky, I would come to pick up the instrument personally and save everyone shipping charges.

Jeremy, maybe next year I'll just follow your advice and go see the man in person.

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Maybe Mr. Sadowsky's been working on one for SW this whole time in his super secret lab and creating the ultimate bass guitar and fitting it to Willie's exact proportions taken from undercover photos over the last several years.

Let's see. This guy Willie...hmmmm. What have we got here?

kenfjx's picture

Picker's lyrics

Sadowsky tshirt (sent by a generous LD person)

Sadowsky strap (sent by a generous LD person via another LD person)

I think we're witnessing a form of mass-hypnotism. Roger seems to remain immune.

Willie - Every local (and probably some not-so-local) LowDowner wants to be with you when you walk in to the Sadowsky shop.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Can everyone help me understand something here?

Why does everyone gets so psyched about $3000 copies of 50-year-old designs?

For about the same price, there are dozens (if not hundreds) of luthiers who can do their own body shapes, offer the same degree of quality, with better, more stable forms of construction, like set-in, deep-set bolt-on, and neck-through, for about the same price.

I'm certainly not bashing Sadowsky, Alleva-Copollo, Mike Lull, Wayne Charvel, or Gary Kramer, but, for $3K, shouldn't we be expecting a bit more than a Fender copy?

+1 Jeremy

I own a design copy of a Jazz but I'm not sure I'd buy a Fender they just don't feel the same.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Archived