Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Aguilar DB751

davio

For anyone who cares:

After craploads of suggestions, complaints and requests from bass players, Aguilar has finally updated their amp lineup (they used to have several heads, preamps and power amps...lately they've had only 2 heads (one of them also had a 2-channel version), a preamp pedal and preamp/fx box).

"Updated how?" you may ask. By replacing the legendary DB750 with a cheaper looking version. Plastic knobs rather than metal, push-buttons rather than switches, effects loop and power switch on the front (probably the only worthwhile change) and what looks to be the AG500's EQ section.

"That's it?" Yup.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were changes in the preamp at least, because there is one less tube in the newer version.

Anyone ever seen/played an Agro preamp?? I thought that might sell a bit...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Good catch on the preamp tube.

What I've been reading is that just about everybody feels they should have swapped the formats of the Tone Hammer and Agro (Tone Hammer as a rackmount preamp and Agro as an effect pedal).

Mos def. Many are pleading for a DB680 pre with a DB750 power section. I'd lug that paperweight to gigs.

I'm in the market for a DB 728... because all tubey tube tube goodness in Aguilar form would be tube-tastic warm tube goodness.

Tube.

I'm in the market for a DB 728... because all tubey tube tube goodness in Aguilar form would be tube-tastic warm tube goodness.

Tube.

73 lbs and 5U later...how much does a hernia operation cost these days?

...in a 6-space SKB rack it will be about what an SVT Classic weighs. Which is still 40 pounds lighter than my Mesa Venture combo. I'm convinced Mesa Boogie puts a huge lead weight in everything they make just to eff with people.

Archived