Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FedEx...what could it be?

davio

I almost never put my amp head on my speaker cab. I prefer to have amp to my right, about chest high so I can easily make adjustments on the fly. It just seems wrong to have it behind me.

Just a habit I got into when I was still playing standard guitar and kept my combo amp on a chair beside me, aimed up at me and across the stage.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like moot's idea. The engineer in me says, "The simple solution is often the best". And using a cheap keyboard stand would do the trick nicely.

I wouldn't like having the amp on its side as it would make getting to the knobs near the floor exceedingly difficult while playing.

I am assuming that you're wary of the whole mess crashing over when placing the amp on top of the cab like picture #1? Is it really that unstable? If the stage was solid I wouldn't imagine that you'd having problems with it going over.

+1 on Moot's keyboard stand also. Put the head on the stand and the cab in front of it. Both those pictures of the head teetering and on it's side made me a little nervous. Way too easy to knock over or pull down with the guitar cord.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

Good points by all.

Jason, the only way I'd put the cab on its side would be if I were tilting it back. It's already vertically challenged and laying it down just puts the mid cone that much further from my ears. If you look at the pic with the head on its side, you'll notice that even if I layed the cab on its side the head would still hang over the edges. Not that I'm worried about the inch on either side, but the rubber feet wouldn't be completely on the cab which would make me a little nervous.

I think that an adjustable-angle speaker stand with arms that come over the top to lay flat to hold an amp would be a great invention. Like the amp stands that are already available but with a keyboard stand-like add-on for those in my situation who don't use a combo but still want to tilt their small cab.

Mountain out of a mole hill. I'll probably just leave the cab sitting flat, standing up and put the head on its side...unless I find a keyboard stand laying around somewhere.

If you are buying a smaller amp soon anyway, just put the amp at your height using beer crates or something that you can get your hands on at the pub, a chair maybe, then when you have the new amp put it on top of the cab.

If you doin't need a stand in the long run why spend the money.

Often my cab has been on top of beer barrels... Don't know why but it sounds better that way... :D

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

Nice. :D

If my only venues were going to be pubs I'd go for something like that. But this funk band regularly plays places like Hard Rock Cafe and various "professional" stages around the state as well as private parties so I have to worry about image as well since they're professionals.

Like I said, I'll more than likely just leave it as is unless something happens to cross my path.

You should be fine....

Ultimately you don't really want to have more stuff clutering your space in stage anyway....

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

The other stand that I use for my Tri-112 is my Tri-210! LOL

I also use the Tri-210, that has wheels, to cart my Tri-112.

Wally

Alright, Jeremy... :)

I don't think a speaker stand made of a Tri210L would fit my budget right now. If you're offering to lend it to me for the upcoming gig... ;)

I really thought this would be another rant about FedEx Home Delivery which work well unless you're not home. FedEx contracts with people who are basically running an retired U-Haul truck out of a mini storage.

Could have been worse...

http://www.foxnews.com/images/496427/1_61_012709_CargoCrash.jpg

Oh, yeah, nice cabinet. Drive it reponsibly.

- Matt W.

The other stand that I use for my Tri-112 is my Tri-210! LOL

I also use the Tri-210, that has wheels, to cart my Tri-112.

Wally

Alright, Jeremy... :)

I don't think a speaker stand made of a Tri210L would fit my budget right now. If you're offering to lend it to me for the upcoming gig... ;)

Wally's got the same speakers as I do. Wally is the one who introduced me to Mark Wright of Accugroove, so he gets all the credit.

Archived