Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

sweet distortion pedal i am stoked about

mhuxtable

so i am 90% sold on this pedal. Blackstone

all that is left is the full rig test...bringing in my twin reverb & sheraton. and the best thing is, the little shop that carries it will let me crank the amp to full stage volume and not get pissy!!

go check out their site it is FULL of really cool information about distortion and harmonics...but for those who need prodding here are some hilites:

"Where the vast majority of overdrive pedals create distortion with a pair of head-to-toe diodes, the Mosfet Overdrive instead utilizes four gain stages, each contributing a small amount of soft clipping. This avoids intermodulation and the creation of fizzy high-order harmonics, just as in the best vintage amps."

"The Mosfet Overdrive is designed to provide these sought-after distortion characteristics entirely on its own. It is not a "boost" pedal meant to cause distortion to occur in your amp. The ideal amp to use with it is the one that best gets the clean sound that you like. The Blackstone will take it from there."

anywho, i am pretty freaking stoked. every other distortion/drive pedal i have played sounds so artificial or fizzy or shrieky or thin or just plain too distorted. i have played OCDs and tubescreamers and big muff pis and polysaturators and all that. the only thing that came close to what i wanted was the fulltone mosfet drive pedal. but i think this blackstone pedal is really gonna give me a nice warm driven sound.

i played it in the shop through a fender bandmaster and really dug it. but you know i have to play it through MY and and MY guitar to really get the true sound.

very excited. you know when you find that gear that just delivers what you want?? i just want to share the love and let everybody have one!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i think a lot of people would want one if they knew about it! and it seems quite affordable for a "boutique" pedal. a lot of times i think boutique and i think over $350 and up up up.

but considering this is the ONLY pedal this guy makes, the price is not too bad and he seems to have it down to a really precise science.

Archived