Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Decisions, decisions...

mhuxtable

So I will be getting some tax money back (yay!!!) and I am figuring out how to spend it. I am not spending ALL of it (less than half...trying to be responsible in my young age you know), but I have alloted myself a chunk to have fun with.

That said, here are my options:

1. get duncan pickups instead of the GFS for my Fernandes strat & have them installed. (My main player is my Sheraton, LOVE IT...the Fernandes is just for a different sound & recording)

2. Get this SWEET freaking guitar pedal. Blackstone Probably the most awesome drive pedal I have ever seen. (BTW, take some time to read their site, for those who are unfamiliar with Blackstone, I think you all will be impressed with what you see there.) See I play into a Twin Reverb, mostly all clean tones, but I would like to have a pedal to dirty things up and I have not liked ANYTHING as much as I like this pedal

3. Get some other fun modulation type pedal (perhaps a used ME-50 or Line6 modulation modeler.)

How do I choose?!?!!? So many fun new toys to choose from, but I need to be a good boy and just choose one.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I`ve done some reading up on that Blackstone pedal-sounds incredible but you have to be prepared to get under the hood and do some tweaking to get YOUR sound. I`d save that for #2 after the pickups, start from the fundamentals.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I do not think I mad myself 100% clear on #1. (I do this a lot)

The pickups would be for my 2nd guitar...my first is beautiful and amazing and what I use 75% of the time...the Fernandes is my other guitar with a different sound. SO the pedals and stuff would be more for my main rig with my Sheraton & Twin Reverb.

Ah, in that case, get something for your main rig.

I'd go for the Blackstone. You seem to be stoked about it, and having a specific item in mind is usually better than "some sort of other pedal".

In that case I concur doctor-go for the Blackstone :)

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived