Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Marshall MG30DFX Amplifier

RocketRick

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Blueraven! My friend has one of those, and he LOVES it! He has a late 70's tube Marshall combo and bought the MG30DFX for rehersals. He gigs regularly (with the tube combo) and says that the MG30 cuts through the rest of the band no problem at rehearsals. Both clean & crunch channels sound awsome. He says to come close to the tube sound of his tube Marshall combo, you really have to tweek it. He says the effects are pretty decent as well. I myself have the MG15R and really like it. The crunch channel has a really sensitive gain knob. You can get pretty distorted sounds at just 1.5 - 2, and INSANE distortion past that. I personally recommend it. Will you get a chance to play it yourself before buying it?
Insert witty pop culture quote or reference here "_________

SPB,

I called the guy and am getting ready to go over and try it out. It was his sons. Hey for $60 jeezz....

I watched the Marshall video demo on it and your right. It can rock!

I's stinkin about trying it with several diff speakers.

Oh, btw, I have a 1984 Mark II-c+. what compressor wld you recommend. I;ve never used one and finally getting some sustain out it and heard a good compressor would help.

thanks for your time.

Rock on

Money may buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

$60 bucks is WELL worth the money for that amp. As for the compressor question, I don't use one either but I've heard great things about the MXR "Dyna Comp" compressor. A lot of artists I read about have one in their rig, and it looks pretty straight forward - one knob for "sensitivity" and one for "level". Maybe some of the other forum members could chime in on that one. Let us know how you like the MG! :rawk:
Insert witty pop culture quote or reference here "_________

I tried it out. For some reason it won't work on clean channel. I think the guy's kid used it on OD mode and the foot-switch must have it set in OD mode. Maybe it's stuck

Let me go try it out.....well the Boogie foot switch dimmed the OD light but not all the way and it still won't work on the clean channel. However the OD channel works great..Actually to loud for me really. Was using the LP Studio. Haven't tried the P90's on it yet or the Strat. It def has some crunch to it. NOT as much sustain as I want but pretty good.

Well he reduced the price to $30 and he's gonna ask his kid if he knows where the footswitch is.

I'm pretty impressed with it really. Marshall makes some good amps huh?

Well others have suggested the Fulltone and the Klon compressor's and one guy had them and sold them for the homemade ones and the BBE. So who knows?

I hate to buy them just to have to sell 'em later on.

Money may buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

Archived