Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SO I am getting my guitar setup!

mhuxtable

Hey all. I took my Sheraton to the shop today to get a tuneup. Usually I do this myself...but I was feeling lazy, I really like the guys who own this local guitar shop, and I dont have a great tuner.

So yeah I am having it restrung with 11s with a wound G (never had a wound G before!) and then having the neck and intonation adjusted accordingly.

They had also mentioned putting on flatwounds! It sounded interesting, but I didnt want to get it then hate the sound. As it is now, I feel like my Sheraton mellows out nicely on the middle and neck position, then gets quite bright at the bridge. I think the flatwounds would have just been too mellow all the time.

I can see why they offered it, cos they know my stylistic interests (no distortion, indie rock kinda stuff with lots of fun jazz influenced chords). Maybe one day I will take the plunge and try them out. Hell, all of my favorite bands (Beatles, Beach Boys) played with thick as hell flatwounds!

Anyway, heres to a tuned up baby and a wound G string!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I used 11s for a LONG time...why I switched to such a light gauge I cannot remember. For a new adventure?? Hell if I know.

But I love the 11s. I am fairly heavy handed so they hold up well to my beatings, have a much bigger, fuller sound. I am interested in seeing what this wound G will feel/sound like.

Archived