Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender Bassman 150

Catlin

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I went to my local music shop looking for a new practice amp. I brought along my jazz bass and another bass player from school. After playing some smaller more expensive combos I tried the Fender Bassman series amps and ended up getting the Bassman 150. It was a great price, and I love the sound and features.

Has anyone else had any experience with this line of Fender amps? -Catlin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good score CatMan. The new Bassman series are decent amps and put out some punch for a smaller amp. It IS the combo isn't it? I can't remember, does it have 1x15 or 2x10's in it?

Are there any photos coming soon?

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

The Pro 400 was just the Bassman 400 with a new face plate. I haven't liked the lower numberd ones that I've tried but they are pretty sturdy little workhorses in general and they get the job done. Congrats on the score!

This model has only a 1x12 in it. There is an extension cab available that is 1x15, tho I do not know if I would have sufficient power to run it..

For the price and sound it was the best deal, at about $500. In the past I have been a yorkville/Tryanor guy but the prices were a bit more for a very similar rig.

I would have loved to get the Bassman Pro 400 but they did not have any. It seems like a great combo for most settings. -Cat

I use a Fender Bassman 150. It is a good amp. I have been having this amp for about 4 yrs. and paid 429.00 I also have an SWR Workingman 15 Combo but the Fender 150 is the one I use on gigs. I run a G & L L2000 and a G&L SB1 thru it. I always line out thru the PA system so there is never a problem cutting thru. It is about 30 lbs lighter then the SWR. After playing around with the settings, I think I have a good mix. - basplyr

Archived