Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mesa Boogie

davio

Apparently Mesa Boogie has opened their doors and are coming out of the dark ages...?:

http://www.musicpower.com/storeitems.asp?bc=Mesa-Boogie&cc=amps-amplifiers

For those saying "What's the big deal?"...Mesa seems to have been scared of the interwebz and the idea of shipping equipment for some time so the only place to buy was at a local shop. If your local shop doesn't cary Mesa, you're SOL.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mesa Boogie sounds nothing like SWR/Eden. Thankfully. Mesa offers up a much better sonic palette than either of the aforementioned. But it really is apples and oranges. Mesa does the dirty sound and SWR/Eden does the more hifi thing. I love the dirty sound and can't stand the disco smile EQ curve that most SWR/Eden gear tends to favor.

before i followed the link or read the rest of the thread, i thought mesa started offering lightweight stuff. then i remembered that that will never happen.

I remember when Peavey finally gave in a couple years ago.

they always offered some hand-waving about protecting local dealers, ultimately hartley couldn't ignore the profit potential of opening up a lot of sales avenues. just like the RIAA will eventually realize, people will get what they want for the price they want it, and it's ultimately foolish to resist. it is wiser, instead, to pioneer and lead.

robb.

Cheap, the are NOT. However, after waiting like a million years and scraping together enough $$ to finally afford one, it was worth ever hard-earned bass buck! I was only able to purchase my rig through a local dealer, and would be quite interested in seeing some kind of internet-based expansion on Mesa's part. They have a fabulous product. Just an opinion here, of course, the wild woman has dropped by again........
Just when you think you've seen it all, a 53 year old woman (whose basses are taller than she is) comes along and blows everybody away. Strange days indeed.

I'm a Mesa Boogie whore and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I own two of their products at the moment and I will eventually pull the trigger on their Titan V12 amp. That thing is pure tone sex. I might be forced to pick up their 8x10 cab as well. I enjoy how it sounds a great deal.

Interesting that the site Davio linked is not carrying everything (no M6 Carbine).

I have seen Mesa appear and disappear in some shops, so perhaps the whole dealer thing wasn't all that it used to be? Most of the stores I saw Mesa in were places that pushed Ampeg, Fender, and more recently MarkBass. It gets crowded in the big retail stores...

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Archived