Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fender Steve Bailey Jazz Bass 6 string

Nicklab

I never thought I would see the day that Fender offered a 6 string bass. Oh my stars and garters!!!

Steve Bailey fretted Jazz Bass 6 string

Steve Bailey fretless Jazz Bass 6 string

http://www.guitartrader.com/images/ProdImage01/500/019-7400-306.jpg

I cannot wait to get my grubby mits on one of these!

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, isn't that now the third brand of 6 string bass that has had Steve Bailey's name on it?

There was the Aria Pro II Steve Bailey Bass

and also the custom Ibanez one that he played for a while.

http://www.stevebaileybass.com/pics/misc/IMG_8568.jpg

More power to Steve. He's a great player.

I really dig that, it's nice to see Fender giving players the option of a 6 string now. I am sure the local shop will never get one in, but getting my hands on one of them is high on my list of things to do before I die ha.

Is the body size standard to that of a 4 or 5 jazz bass?

That Ibanez in Jeremy's pic is great looking too!

I really dig that, it's nice to see Fender giving players the option of a 6 string now. I am sure the local shop will never get one in, but getting my hands on one of them is high on my list of things to do before I die ha.

Is the body size standard to that of a 4 or 5 jazz bass?

That Ibanez in Jeremy's pic is great looking too!

It's probably larger than a 4, which is to be expected. The wider the neck is, the heavier it will get. The body needs a little more mass to balance out against the increased weight of the neck.

And Maury...I totally agree. I tried out a Bass VI when they were selling for $800. But the Custom Shop got their hands on that one, and the price skyrocketed.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Don't know why they didn't do it before. It's those little pegs that always bothered me on fender 5's (no, I'm not always happy with my Carvin's small winders, I never feel like I can get the E and B just right in tune), but I'm sure weight starts to be an issue.

Sixes are not for everybody, but I love them. No reaching for notes while I'm also reaching for a vocal harmony.

"It's all in the fingers, man"-Jaco

Boonok, what happened to your hand?

Im a freak, i wear a size 14 shoe as well.

Oh. I thought from the picture your hand was injured since the back of your hand looks very swollen.

Ohhh, nope not injured just fat

Archived