Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Old Vox Amp

RocketRick

Whatta you pro dudes think about this old thing?

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/RocketRick/?action=view&current=Uni-Vox.jpg

Model is U-1226 Lead.

Its all tubes 60 watt output. It has 2 input channels with separate volumes. One channel is bright and one normal. Also, the bright channel's volume knob can be pulled out and it says PULL HB beside it. Weird huh? I don't know what the HB means. High Beam?

It has 2 ouputs and 8/16 ohm switch. It also has reverb and tremelo.

Serial no is 220847. Not sure of the year.

Hope to use it with the ES 140T in the future and try out the old Jr's P90's thru it.

Whatcha stink?

Rick

Money may buy a fine dog, but only kindness will make him wag his tail.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not a Vox, It's a Univox. No connection between the two companies. Jeff Beck used Univoxes on one of his tours with Beck, Bogert & Appice. Never had any experience with them myself.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Well doggone it I ain't been playin' thru it since I got er fixed up. I remember now. In early 2007 I asked 'ole Myles about it. He said take it to a good tech. Whelp I did find an oldster like him that even went to the same electronics school I did in the early 80's. He said he fixed a connection for the screen grid. Whatever that means. Then he replaced 3 12AX7's and 2 matched 6l6GC's. I stink I played the ric thru it since and it did ok.

I was playing my Ric thru it and figured it must have fried it but Paul, the Tech, said no probs playing the bass thru it. Hmm?

What's funny is I've never played a guitar much thru it really. Dumb huh? Specially since that is what its meant for. I got a feeling that when I play the ES and that old Jr thru it its gonna be as creamy as a nubile in New Orleans on New Years night.

I used to play the Ric thru it, before I had it fixed, into 15" speaker. Lovely tone with that.

Shoot I figured one of you string heads would offer me a couple grand for it and then I could buy a better banjo..Ha!.

Oh Co's.

Now I'm trying to get my attorney Bro in b'ham to learn banjo,. Whelp if he don't, I'll fix up my old Framus and send it to ya and you can have some fun. Now its a long neck. No not a clam Ha!. Ya have ta tune lower but ya capo up a cple frets and then play as normal. Ya in?

OH, its contingent on him, Todd my brother, not wanting to learn banjo.

Moreover, if you don't take to it, you can just mail it back.

Sound like deal Miller? If so, I'll let ya know via PM.

Oh, man! That's a really kind and friendly offer, Rocket! I'd feel like a heel if I took you up on it, though, like I was taking advantage of you!

Thank you very much, though, please don't be offended by my not taking you up on that- I'd just not feel right about it, it's just me!

As for that Univox amp, yeah, you should definitely try your guitars through it, it might sound really good, especially a little cranked-up!

And, playing a bass through it won't hurt the amp any, as long as it's connected to the correct impedance, the impedance of the speakers connected.

Now, the speakers, that's another story- playing a bass through "guitar" speakers, especially at higher volumes, could put a hurt on the speakers!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived