Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Problem with M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB and latency

Jazz+

I received M-Audio's Track Pro USB today from Amazon. I dowloaded and installed the M-Audios new 64 Bit driver (9/15/2008) for my Vista 64 Bit system. Then I connected the Fast Track Pro via USB and it said the drivers had been found and all was ok. Next I opened Cubase Le, set MIDI In and OUT to Fast Track Pro and opened Mr Ray (vst electric piano) and played via a MIDI cable from my Roland FP4 digital piano to Fast Track Pro. The result is about a full second of delay and lots of clicking when playing notes. I closed Cubase and tried setting the M-Audio software control panel for Properties to the lowest "Latency" number to 128 and also tried 256 (number of samples collected before sending to an aplication as a input) with the same poor results. What can I do differently?

My System:

Core2 Quad Q6600 2.40 GHZ, Asus IPIBL-TX MOB + G33 chip set, 4 GB RAM, M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB 1.1 Audio Card, 640 GB HD 7200 RPM, Vista 64. EWQL Steinway Piano, PLAY , Ableton LE, Cubase LE, Sonar LE.

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Open Cubase, go to Devices->Device Setup->VST audiobay

then choose the correct M-Audio ASIO driver from the drop-down list. Then go to it's properties (within the same Cubase window, not via separate M-Audio software) and adjust the latency to lowest setting you can get with no crackles.

I'd say under 10ms will be playable. 5ms is good, 2ms feels just like a h/w synth.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Archived