Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

We will need to step it up a bit I suppose...

Ross Brown

Our new drummer wanted to go over ten of the songs we played after our first gig together with him. He had some good suggestions. The most disturbing however was a suggestion that we played the wrong chord progression for a particular song. I don't mind that he thought it was wrong (it was). What bothers me is that he told us what we played and then told us what we should have played. :freak:All this from the drum chair. I find that impressive. He has a good ear apparently. He may be in for a long ride.... :laugh:
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yours is obviously more than just a drummer. Sounds like he may be good for the band Ross. Or, maybe . . .

The drummer I work with is happy with a bottle of beer and a booby-mag.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

A drummer who knows music. That's great! You'll have to include him in conversations.

We will. He plays keys too and teaches a high school rock band at a local high school.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Our drummer plays some guitar. A few years back we learned he was taking piano lessons (not sure if he still is). He doesn't get specific with us (fortunately the rest of the band is pretty sharp as well), but he knows his stuff. It's a good thing for us.

He's also not adverse to a bottle of beer.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

During my last practice, the drummer stopped in the middle of a song and said, "Aren't you guys supposed to be tuned down for this song?" We all looked at him and said, "no" almost in unison. He then replied, "Oh, I guess that's why I play drums." At least he knows it, the first step is always admitting you have a problem ;)

Glad to hear your guy has a head on his shoulders :thu:

You should have said "we picked the wrong guy...we should get a drummer and not a guy with a brain"

:D

That one is a keeper, is hard to find a drummer with a brain.

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

A point often missed by drummers is that percussion is supposed to be musical and an accompaniment to the rest of the band.

if you want to be a better bass player its not worth persevering with a drummer who is not musical, unless you have a very good reason to do so. You will spend all your time trying to do his job.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

That one is a keeper, is hard to find a drummer with a brain.

They share one. I have a hunch it's from Abby somebody.

What hunch?

BRILLIANT!

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

Archived