Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

help me to choose

simus35

Hi, i'm new here.

i just a bought a bass and i would like to buy multi-effect for bass. me i play guitar and i have the ZOOM G7 and i like it. but for the bass, i'm thinking between 4 multi-effect, first the zoom B2.1u or the zoom b9. or the bass v-amp pro rackmount from BEHRINGER or the boss GT-6B(i can get for 260$ Canadien brand new). Can you help me please

thanks

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Friends don't let friends by Behringer ... EVER!

2. Hmmm, I'm thinking ... Boss. But then, anyone will tell you I'm a Boss shill.

3. $260Can is what, about $800US now?

Now, the patronising advice. You just bought a bass. I don't know what kind of bass, what kind of amp, what kind of music you play, what your proficiency level is on the bass or if you are currently gigging, playing in your mom's garage or noddling around in your bedroom. So...

1. If you are a beginner at the bass, spend the $260 Can on a couple months of lessons.

2. If you are playing in mom's garage, spend the money on a decent combo amp ($260 Can will buy a lot of Ibanez "Soundgear" combo amp

3. If you are noddling around in the bedroom, spend the money on something other than gear. You ain't going anywhere anyhow. If you still feel the overpowering need, just buy an overdrive and a limiter (if you are a very good bassist, skip the limiter).

Welcome to the forum and don't apologise for being French Canadian. If you stick around a while you will see some native born posts that are absolutely intelligible.

Listen closely ... you may learn a thing or two.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Welcome and congratulations for graduating to the fatter strings.

I am also a guitarist and here's my advice.

1> Forget everything. Bass is a different animal altogether.

2> Learn to play with your fingers - deny the urge to use a pick no matter what!

3> Consider effects only after learning finger dynamics.

4> When you do buy, make it something easy to use and NOT BEHRINGER.

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

My bass is a 4 string (no name). i bought a cheap bass. I make my own composition ( I play guitar, synth and drum) and i was tired to make the bass line on synth (no feeling, not very humain) i'm not so bab on bass, just some problem with slapping. but with pratice i will get it, my style is like old school rock 70's and 80's. for the momment i plug my bass on my 400 watts P.A for my playback .when i record the track on my 16 digital multi-track.

260 Can is almost 240$us now

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Welcome,

I agree with Jeremy. When you are new to the bass it is natural to think that effects are going to get you the sound you want. Don't waste money at this point. Work on your technique, that is where the true sound is found.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Get the Boss.

If you're serious about pursuing the bass...practice without effects (and add them in later if you still want them) as others have suggested. If you're just recording for your own (and possibly some friends and/or family) pleasure, just get the Boss.

I've never used any of those units but just guessing by generally held opinions of others I've talked to (more on brand preference than those specific products), the Boss is the way to go.

Welcome and congratulations for graduating to the fatter strings.

I am also a guitarist and here's my advice.

1> Forget everything. Bass is a different animal altogether.

2> Learn to play with your fingers - deny the urge to use a pick no matter what!

3> Consider effects only after learning finger dynamics.

4> When you do buy, make it something easy to use and NOT BEHRINGER.

Welcome simus35!

#1 I agree. I'm a former guitarist turned bassist and there is a different way of thinking when playing bass.

#2 Fingers are good but if you want to use a pick go for it

McCartney uses a pick 'nuf said. Better yet learn both techniques.

#3 I agree even if you use a pick. Some effects work better if your technique is consistant. By the way, I see no reason why a bassist can't use effects but use them wisely.

#3 Behringer is not that good quality wise and they have some questionable manufacturing practices that many Lowdowners don't agree with. They are cheap though. I'd stick with Boss stuff.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

How many times I gotta tell ya?!

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/fit,400by400/quality,85/brand,zzounds/D-b4b133b61fc45471a95864cd3dc69a12.jpg

"He is to music what Stevie Wonder is to photography." getz76

I have nothing nice to say so . . .

Archived