Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Player's Guitar Superstar Competition!

Matt Blackett

Don't miss this!!!

Great American Music Hall, San Francisco, CA

September 13, at 8 pm.

The GP editors have chosen ten finalists to strut their stuff onstage in front of an esteemed panel of world-famous guitar stars: Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Elliot Easton (the Cars), George Lynch (Dokken, Lynch Mob), and Brendon Small (co-creator of Adults Swims Metalocalypse animated series).

Host of this years big event is Andy Summerswho is just coming off a fabulously successful world tour for the reunited Police.

Get all the info on this year's competition at:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/dont-dare-miss/aug-08/86099

Matt Blackett

Associate Editor

Guitar Player Magazine

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, man, I really need to get my @$$ in gear and VASTLY improve my (read: GET) chops so that I could stand a chance of ever getting to even be the last runner-up also-ran that got to play for and possibly meet a panel like that, ESPECIALLY Elliot Easton and Andy Summers- of course, I love all of the guys mentioned there- I mean, of course, STEVE VAI, Joe Satriani... I get the impression that George Lynch is a real gear-head, and would be cool to shoot the breeze with- but I'd feel a more personal musical connection to those two...

I'd feel like a winner if I just got to help out there with setting-up the stage-rigs and stuff...

Anyways, thanks for the heads-up and may everyone have a great time there!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived