Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I Almost Died Yesterday

[quote]Originally posted by Fat Chance: [b]Neil that article is bullshit.We've rigged some pretty big shows on that grid (Britney,Bonjovi,Eagles,Fleetwood Mac,Macartney)... Peace Rob :thu: [/b][/quote]Well, unless something changed, that would seem to rule out the grid. I have to assume (based on previous experience) that the head rigger is a very well seasoned professional, so that leaves local riggers (God help 'em, regardless of their culpability... That's gotta make them second guess themselves. :( ) untightened truss bolts, mechanical failure of either truss, rigging, or a motor... Am I missing anything? This isn't just morbid curiousity or placing blame. If this was a freak coincidence of multiple factors or a specific, single, breakdown, I want to know for future gigs.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[url=http://www.prosoundweb.com/news/misc/tour.php]UPDATE on this story here...[/url] [img]http://www.prosoundweb.com/news/misc/tour.jpg[/img] :cool:
"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Actually, other than Justin Timberlake or Christina Aguilera and their respective dancers, I expect the real damage, had this occurred during the show, would have been the crowd trampling each other to flee. It looks like most, if not all the debris would've landed on the stage, had it been in place. Anyway... just glad it didn't happen during the show... even though we're talking about Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera. ;) :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

from the update article: "There are concussion mortars to create loud bangs and gerbs to create showers of sparks. If any of the pyrotechnics go off, the pile could lose its stability and collapse further, DeMarco said." How absolutely, criminally, fucking stupid. Like all those kids aren't getting deaf enough just from the overblown sonic excess coming out of the speakers. What fucking price to make a couple little pop celebrities seem larger than life?

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

[quote]Originally posted by Fat Chance: [b] [img]http://www.roadie.net/actruss.jpg[/img] Scary shit Peace Rob :thu: [/b][/quote]Mother f%@&er... :eek: [i]Extremely[/i] scary $h!t. Thank god (or [i]whomever [/i] you want to thank) that no one was killed. Glad you're still with us!

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

[quote]Originally posted by Fat Chance: [b]Were going in tomorrow morning to load out the Clair Bros rig.If I get any more info on the probable cause of the collapse I'll post it here. Peace Rob :thu: [/b][/quote]Hey Rob, any news? I've been following this story since it happened, almost literally. I was working with a guy on an outdoor theatre gig and he got a phone call from his boss. He works for the company that provides the video screens for the tour and his boss called him to tell him about the accident. This would have been about an hour after the fall. The pictures I've seen scare the bejeezus outta me. -- Rob
I have the mind of a criminal genius.....I keep it in the freezer next to mother.

The company that designed the "Supergrid"{Geiger Engineering} is taking alot of heat for the accident.There's also alot of finger pointing going on.It's probabaly going to be awhile before this mess is straighten out. Peace Rob :thu:

Archived