Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NEARFest- Did anyone go?

Danzilla

For the last few years, some friends of mine have been trying to get me to go to the NEARFest (North East Art Rock Festival) in Pennsylvania. For once, I had a (relatively) clear schedule for this past weekend, the money to do it, and even wifely permission! So what happens? Unable to get tickets as it sold out right away, then the other guys one by one drift off with other things that come up... so no NEARFest for me. I was relaly looking forward to seeing Liquid Tension Experiment, Fish, Peter Hammill, Echolyn... among others.

Fortunately, Fish headed down to DC last night, so I did catch his show there. In spite of playing through the world's worst club PA system at the 9:30 club, Fish & his band sounded pretty good. Great stage presence, performance, in-between-songs banter (including a tirade against a guy on the balcony, who was READING A BOOK during the show). Guitarist Frank Usher was looking and sounding great, inspite of his heart troubles earlier in the year. Bassist Steve Vantsis grooved well, with his 5-string Specters through a POD Pro, Ashdown head, and Trace Elliott 4-10. Overall, Fish showed that you don't have to be a pretty boy to still rock out. He played a lot of tracks from his new album, "13th Star", which is really good; and most of Marillion's "Clutching At Straws" album. I love CATS, but was looking forward to more of his solo stuff, since he has 8 albums worth... OH well, I don't get to write his set lists.

So, did anyone else get to go to NEARFest? What did I miss?

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived