Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HOLD ME DOWN! Major G.A.S. Attack!

RobRose

Just ordered a Bogner Shiva from Charley's Guitars in Dallas.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/2590907210_95aa571c64_o.jpg

Specs

The brand new 2007 version of the Shiva, in a 1x12 ported reverb combo -- 80W using EL34s. Now features a Bright switch for the clean and overdrive channels. Boost for the clean and variable boost control for the overdrive channel. It is now channel switchable with or without the footswitch.

So it looks like I'll be retiring (selling off) some gear to make room in my studio and my bank account.

First to go is my Atomic 112-50 and my Pod X3Live. And then probably my Mesa LoneStar. A great amp, but the Shiva will be my rock rig and I have a Carr Vincent for the blues Rig. That way I have EL84s and 6L6s covered...

There are 6L6s in the Mesa as well, that's the justification for letting it go, anyway. :(

Can't wait to hear my Anderson Drop Top T through that Bogner!

Clips to come upon arrival.

Nash-customized Gibson Les Paul, Godin Progression Plus

Quilter MicroPro Mach 2.0

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice....very nice!

That's an EL34 based amp...right?

I've always kept an eye out for Bogner amps when I'm surfing eBay...looking for a good deal on one.

But right now I'm taking a short breather from buying amps.

Maybe by the end of the summer I'll be looking for another addition.

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Shivas come in two flavours: a 60W 6L6 version and an 80W EL34 version. This one has EL34s. I already have the creamy 6L6 goodness with my Carr Vincent. I wanted for Marchall-y crunch.

Shivas come in two flavours: a 60W 6L6 version and an 80W EL34 version. This one has EL84s.

I lost you Rob (maybe just a typo)...is it an EL34 or EL84 amp...?

I like the sound of a good EL34 amp the most. :thu:

Yeah...love KT66 and 6V6 tubes also..and EL84's have a very unique harmonic richness.

But there is a low-end, creamy growl that a decent set of EL34 tubes can put out that I just haven't heard from any other tube types.

I know you have a Carr Vincent...but I've had a desire for the Carr Hammerhead MKII because it runs EL34 tubes.

Have you ever tried a Hammerhead?

Great Deal. How do you like your lonestar? I haven't had a chance to try one out at a store. I'm currently using a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 1x12. I'm playing classic rock and new country, with a little blues mixed in. Post some sound clips of just your guitar into the amp and some reverb only. I have a Fender Strat that I use. By the way, how much do you want for the lonestar?

I'm asking $1600 for the Lonestar. Bought it 7 months ago for $2400, so 2/3 of what I paid for it. It's more or less my backup these days so doesn't get a lot of playing time. It's the newer late 2007 model with the three multi-watt settings - 10W/50W/100W (older ones don't have the 10W).

The link to my Kijiji ad:

Tiny URL to Kijiji ad

Archived