Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I ordered LiveWires custom molded in ear monitors

Jazz+

I hope to receive them in 2-3 weeks time. LiveWires use 2 speakers per side. They cost $249.

http://www.livewiresforyou.com/

http://www.livewiresforyou.com/images/livewires_shot1_shadow.jpg

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deja vu. Isn't there a thread about IEMs already? Just read one today.

Question. Where did you get the molds taken? I have custom molded earplugs with 2 kinds of filters that an audiologist made for me 5+ years ago. Not sure if those would be re-usable for IEM mold purposes?

(I'll post this in the IEM thread in case someone wants to consolidate into one super thread).

Regards,

Eric

Jazz, our bass player uses LiveWires and swears by them. They have the extended ranges that he desires, and stay in his ear (even outside @ hot gigs).

I've been using Ultimate Ears Super-Fi 5's for a couple of years now, and have threatened to upgrade to Westones or Sensaphonic customs, but it's really hard for me to drop $1000+ on a set of in-ears when I don't think they can be THAT much better. Anyone on the forum using the triple driver Westies?

ivorycj

Main stuff: Yamaha CP88 | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Kurzweil Forte 7 | 1898 Steinway I

Did you know that all the brands basically use the same drivers? It's the design of the housing, the crossovers, the filtering, voltage, etc that varies. The performers on American Idol are using LiveWires.

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

Archived