Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need help identifying song . . .

What is this song, and who wrote it? It's a blues piece that starts with a decending musical melodic idea (kind of remids me of the beginning of Walking The Tightrope by SRV). The only lyrics I can remember from it are: "I rap strong, and I don't rap long, c'mon darlin' . . . " Or some such shit. The verse reminds me of that Black Crows "Hey little thing let me light your candle, cause mama . . ." song. Boy, if that isn't obscure, eh?
Amateur Hack

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about this approach... Where were you when you heard it and what were you eating ? If you don't drive to a ribs joint immediately then we know it's not a blues song per se. Hope that helps ! kylen

MAN OF MANY WORDS Buddy Guy I don't care what nobody say I'm a man of a many words I can speak things to you darlin' I do I can swear that you never heard I rap strong and I know it right along Come on mama let me turn you on Now come on Alright When I grab my game and call your name You would never be the same In the midnight hours when you dream my darling I swear you will call my name I rap strong when I know it right along Come on mama let me turn you on Now come on I was hauled off to jail late last night With no one to go my bail I rapped strong to the judge early this morning And the judge put the cops in jail I rap strong and I know it right along Come on mama let me turn you on Now come on Let me tell you about it baby I gotta tell you I'm gonna preach about it I want the world to know about it I want to know what you did to me Let me tell you Listen Can you hear me I wanna know do you hear me now I gotta know do you hear me I wanna know do you need me Lord Lord Ohhhhhh, baby Let's talk about it Let me tell ya

Archived