Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Old Standard to new standard

Derrick1642607670

So Fender just came out with the new standards, Has anyone who's played them noticed a difference from the last standard? I might have just picked up a nice one (08) but I was really suprised, I was expecting just something labeled as new with some space age skb case. I think Fender has really brought things to a new level, It was just so comfortable to play in my hands and ears. I consider it a tactile sensation hah, Anyone here agree with me? or want to rip me to shreds for saying such things? I praise both :D

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't played one yet, but i thight it was kinda corny what they did. On the other hand, since the bent-steel saddles are now on their flagship line, i guess my Squier has an advantage now.

I personally was rather dissapointedd with them a little bit, although at least they kept the S-1 on the American Deluxe. What really annoyed me though was how they took S-1 off of the basses completely. I really liked that S/P switching on the Jazz...

I go to the site, see "NEW FOR 2008" I'm all "OH GOODY!" and i click it and it's all "ALL NEW AMERICAN STANDARD SERIES!" and I'm like..."what?"

Archived