Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cool Music Industry Reform Site

As some of you have deduced I like clean and fair government, businesses, and unions. Sometimes these opposing interests can be titled too far in one direction so that people suffer. In the music industry it's been the musicians who have long been getting the dirty end of the stick. Don Henley of the Eagles and many other famous musicians decided that it was time to reform the business. I support those efforts. If you are interested in keeping abreast of Music Industry Reform Efforts and Initiatives, here is the Recording Artist's Coalition website: [url=http://www.recordingartistscoalition.com]www.recordingartistscoalition.com[/url] Hope this helps. Johnny B. :)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Unions are incredibly corrupt. If you want specific examples, I can give two stories from my own experience with two different unions upon request. 2. Isn't it kind of funny The Mars Volta and Burning Brides have the copyright and publishing mark in their name on the back of major label releases? And what union are they a part of? 3. Did Shania Twain threaten her record company with legal mess so that she could get a better deal? Nope. She used the corruption of the industry to her better. (Read: Danny Goldberg's "The Ballad of the Mid-Level Artist) 4. Don Henley is a figurehead of this group. That alone should tell you things are a miss. I say that only in half jest. The guy was/is in a huge band and he couldn't even manage his relationship with the group so they were all friends. Can we say ego?

Many formal organizations become corrupt over time, esp. if the people are easily distracted and not constantly watching what's going on. Those are all interesting problems, but I think the focus of this site is to help "musicians" and "artists." For example, I like the parts in the Recording Artists Coalition site about "contracts," the "news" section, and the details of what's going on in state and federal legislatures. I thought others might find the Recording Artist's Coalition website helpful.

Archived