Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha KX-8 comes with S90ES sounds for Cubase?

zephonic

If these are tha ACTUAL sounds from the S90ES and the action is as good, than this is a killer deal.

http://sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=5969

Just don't understand why the dude is playing a Motif (????)

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The video doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Anyway, even if there are S90ES samples, they are still played with Halion engine, and not with Motif's. And this is quite a difference because, for example, HalionOne instrument with original Motif samples doesn't really sound as good as an actual Motif.

Also, the weight of KX8 is only 15kg, and I doubt it is possible to fit a good piano action in such small weight. Most probably, it will be some sort of a compromise between realistic action and small weight.

Xfactor comes with the S90Es's S700 piano sample, but I haven't heard that it comes with the any other S90Es voices I don't think so. The content on the DVD alone is worth about 2-300 bucks, so that's what makes the whole package appealing.

Anyway, even if there are S90ES samples, they are still played with Halion engine, and not with Motif's. And this is quite a difference because, for example, HalionOne instrument with original Motif samples doesn't really sound as good as an actual Motif.

Yeah, but it's not bad for all that. I find the drum sounds very practical.

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

The video doesn't seem to be working at the moment.

Also, the weight of KX8 is only 15kg, and I doubt it is possible to fit a good piano action in such small weight. Most probably, it will be some sort of a compromise between realistic action and small weight.

My Roland FP-4 weights even less. And it's action is widely recognized as one of the best.. So it is possible.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Archived