Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So, whadja get? Huh? Huh?

Jode

...if you can manage that song for 5 or 6 minutes you're really moving. Nice CD, good raw energy.

BTW, I got a t-shirt that says, "I make my own stink bait". :/

I'm using "Hoy Hoy Hoy" as a benchmark of my walking bass lines. To me it sounds like a classic upright bass walking line. When I can play that one successfully I'll fell confident that I can mimic an old style upright bass on my fretless.

"Bisquit's Boogie" is my workout benchmark. It moves so fast with a bass line who's pattern is based on the second and forth fingers on the fretting hand that it's a great workout. I sat down a few days ago and played it through about 5 times (it's a 10 minute song). It was a good workout as I rehabilitate my fretting hand from surgery a month ago.

Hey, for some other good walking lines, check out "Jimmie Rogers All Stars" CD. It features Kim Wilson, Clapton, Jagger, Richards and several other big names. Freddie Crawford is the bassist. Can't remember the drummers name, but together they lay down some tight grooves. "Blow Wind Blow" and "Trouble No More" are my faves.

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived